Religious Sisters [Nuns]

     Sisters Of Charity Crest  Religious Sisters of Charity

The Religious Sisters of Charity or Irish Sisters of Charity is a Roman Catholic religious institute founded by Mary Aikenhead in Ireland in 1815.
In 1838 five sisters arrived in Australia — the first religious women to set foot on Australian soil — and later opened a convent in Parramatta.
The Sisters' main concern was religious instruction and care of the sick poor.

The Religious Sisters of Charity were instruemental in the establishment of a Primary School here at OLMC.

A complete list of the many sisters that have been associated with our parish is contained in the 50th Anniversary commemerative book titled "The Old & The New" a history of the Parish of Our Lady of Mt Carmel Mt Pritchard. The book is available in the Piety Stand.